Updates on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
INFORMATION CURRENT AS OF FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2020
Southwestern Oregon Community College implements fee relief for students during spring term 2020
All Southwestern Oregon Community College credit courses will be online for spring term. To better serve our students during the COVID-19 situation, Southwestern is providing the following fee relief for spring term:
- Southwestern will waive the $37 online course fee.
- Southwestern will waive the payment plan fee of $32 for spring term.
- No late fees will be charged to a student for spring term.
- Students can register for spring term if they have an account balance less than $1,000.
Spring term credit classes begin online on Monday, April 6, 2020
Campus buildings are closed to the public and visitors until further notice. Only essential staff will be allowed access. College staff is working remotely by phone and email to assist our students and community members. Any on-campus interaction will adhere to strict social-distancing guidelines.
Impacts to specific services:
- Coos Campus Library, and Computer Labs on the Coos and Curry campuses are currently closed. Starting April 6, they will be open to assist only those students who need access to computer and virtual tutoring services. They are not open to the general public. The college will follow social distancing (6 feet) and other state and federal requirements.
- Student Housing remains open for students who must continue to live on campus. Dining Services will provide “Grab-and-Go" meals for students.
- Community Education classes will not be held during the month of April.
- Student Recreation Center – Closed until further notice.
- Athletic Facilities – Closed until further notice.
For enrollment help, please contact the following offices:
- To talk with an advisor Coos Campus: (541) 888-7405
- To talk with an advisor Curry Campus: (541) 813-1667
- To register for classes Coos Campus: (541) 888-7352
- To register for classes Curry Campus: email@example.com
- Student housing: (541) 888-7635, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans Services: (541) 888-7236, email@example.com
- Financial Aid: (541) 888-7324 and (541) 888-1617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Southwestern Oregon Community College staff remains in close contact with state officials about the developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
We urge everyone to take personal responsibility to protect your health and others.
Stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of illness.
If you take prescription medications, make sure you have at least a two-week supply.
If you have an approved Emotional Support Animal or assistance animal on campus, ensure you have enough food and medicine for it.
Thank you for your support and sharing the responsibility for the health of our community.