COVID-19 Information update and Vaccine information
On July 1, Southwestern lifted masking and social distancing requirements for vaccinated individuals in accordance with recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Oregon Health Authority (OHA), and local health departments.
The college still recommends masks and social distancing for:
- individuals who are not fully vaccinated, or
- Individuals who are vaccinated but have weakened immune systems and are at risk for COVID-19.
The college's campuses remain closed to the general public. However, we are gradually re-opening buildings and resuming in-person services. We will make announcements as programs re-open and in-person services become available.
Staff will continue to assist students virtually via phone, online, and email during regular business hours.
Policies are subject to change. The college will continue to monitor and implement recommendations from the CDC, OHA, and mandates from our local health departments.
As of July 1,
- the college is NOT requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for students, staff, and faculty.
- Southwestern IS requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all student-athletes. Athletes should refer to information provided by the college's athletic director for specific guidelines related to practice and travel for competition.
Vaccine Quick Check Chart
PLEASE GET VACCINATED
All Oregonians Age 12 and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Local pharmacies, hospitals, health clinics, and doctor’s office are able to assist anyone interested in receiving a vaccination.
The following organizations are offering COVID-19 vaccines:
Coming on campus? Please protect your health and others . . .
- Use good hygiene practices.
- Wash you hands frequently
- Temperature check – Stay home if you have an elevated temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or greater.
- Symptom check – Stay home if you are ill or showing symptoms such as cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.