COVID-19 Information - Masks Required!
In accordance with the Governor's orders face coverings are required at all times in the following situations*:
- While indoors (except when alone in a private office).
- In shared spaces where physical (social) distancing is difficult to maintain.
- In most public outdoor settings, including large outdoor events, where physical distancing is not possible, and regardless of vaccination status.
- In other spaces designated by the College.
*Medical or health risk accommodations can be made for individuals in appropriate situations. Please refer to the "Temporary Face Covering Guidance Policy" for details.
The College is gradually re-opening buildings and has resumed in-person services.
Staff will continue to assist students virtually via phone, online, and email during regular business hours, as needed.
Policies are subject to change. The College will continue to monitor and implement recommendations from the CDC, OHA, and mandates from our local health departments.
As of July 1,
- Southwestern is NOT requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for students, staff, and faculty.
- Southwestern IS requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all student-athletes. Athletes should refer to information provided by the college's athletic director for specific guidelines related to practice and travel for competition.
Please get vaccinated!
All Oregonians Age 12 and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Local pharmacies, hospitals, health clinics, and doctor’s office are able to assist anyone interested in receiving a vaccination.
The following organizations are offering COVID-19 vaccines:
Coming on campus? Wear a mask! Please protect your health and others . . .
- Use good hygiene practices.
- Wash your hands frequently!
- Temperature check – Stay home if you have an elevated temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or greater.
- Symptom check – Stay home if you are ill or showing symptoms such as cough, fever or
- chills, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.