First, ask yourself if you can accomplish your task virtually via phone, email, Zoom or online. Remember, our campuses are closed to the general public. If you are a student and must be on campus, come prepared to follow the guidelines. If you have questions, concerns or do not believe you are able to adhere to the guidelines for any reason, please contact an appropriate staff member prior to coming to campus (see contact information below).
- Daily Health Check. ALL faculty, staff and students are required to perform a COVID-19 Daily Self-Check before coming to campus. Students assigned to a “Healthy Roster / SAFER Workplace” screening are expected to complete their check-ins daily:
- Temperature check – Anyone with an elevated temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or greater is not to come on campus.
- Symptom check – Remain home if you are ill or showing symptoms such as cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
- Exposure check – Remain home if you have been exposed to COVID-19 within the preceding 14 days.
- Social Distance. It's simple! Remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Face Coverings. Masks, face shields or face coverings are REQUIRED statewide for offices and indoor public spaces and in outdoor public spaces when physical distancing is not possible. Not sure if a faces covering is required? Keep it on! It’s best to err on the side of caution.
- People with a disability or medical condition may request accommodation from the college if they cannot wear one.
- Students should contact the Director of Disability Services (541-888-1578) who will work with vulnerable students with concerns.
- Face coverings are also required to be worn while exercising in the Recreation Center.
Note to Coos Campus (Coos Bay) housing students: Move-in Day is Thursday, Sept. 10. There are very strict guidelines you must adhere to. Please check your student email or the Housing Application Portal for the full message. Additional details may be found on the housing website.
Campus Services Fall Term 2020:
CAMPUS STORE: firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 888-7265
Virtual assistance available. Details on how to order books for Fall term here. Coos campus store in Coos Bay open to staff and students only. Three patrons allowed at a time. Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 12 noon, and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
CURRY CAMPUS (BROOKINGS): email@example.com | (541) 813-1667
The Curry Campus will be offering courses and providing services based on prescribed social distancing standards. Face covering and social distancing strictly enforced. Students and staff are to use the main doors for entry; a physical monitoring station is established there. Staff will conduct a health check for students. Hand sanitizer and a washing station will be maintained in the commons.
DINING SERVICES: firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 888-7189
Available for students and staff only. Two people allowed per serving line; social distancing strictly enforced. Pre-packaged items. Limited dine-in seating. Hours of operation:
- Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:00 – 1:30
- Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:00 – 7:00
- Brunch: Sunday, 11:00 - 1:30
- (Closed Saturday)
LIBRARY: email@example.com | (541) 888-7270
Details and FAQ can be found on the library homepage. Southwestern library databases are available on and off campus. Library research assistance is available by phone, email, and Zoom. The library space will be partially open to staff and students for limited hours: Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Two lab computers will be available by appointment for 2-hour intervals.
- Two additional study areas will be available first-come, first-served.
- The physical collection is unavailable for browsing.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (SBDC): (541) 888-7182
All courses will be online and all advising appointments will continue via Zoom or phone through fall term.
STUDENT HOUSING: firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 888-7635
The housing office is closed to the public and available to students by appointment only. Residents have very specific and strict guidelines and students should check their student email or the Housing Application Portal regularly. Additional details may be found on the housing website.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER (ADVISING & TESTING): email@example.com | Coos (541) 888-7405 | Curry (541) 813-1667
Advising and counseling will be offered through Zoom and over the phone. The lobby of the Coos campus Student Success Center will be closed to the public except for testing. Testing will occur after regular business hours. Testers will enter through the back door one at a time to check in and be seated for testing.
STUDENT RECREATION CENTER: (541) 888-7714
Available for registered students and staff only. Patrons will schedule a one-hour time slot via the Recreation Center web page, with 30-minute shut down after patrons leave for disinfecting. Face coverings are required while exercising indoors. Upon arrival, patrons will be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions for their protection and the protection of others. Patrons are to bring their own personal water bottle; locker rooms and showers are closed.
TUTORING: firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 888-1593
Starting September 14, the tutoring center is open for students both online and in-person (following all social distancing protocols). Hours are Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. See the detailed schedule for a list of tutors available by subject, and follow the instructions below to connect with a tutor online:
- Click on the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/2449777118#success
- Tell us what subject you need help with.
- Get connected with a tutor!
Contacts - For enrollment and other help, please contact the following: