Updates on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
All Southwestern Oregon Community College classes are online for Spring Term through June 12, 2020.
As counties in our college district take steps for a Phase 1 re-opening of selected businesses and services, we remind everyone Oregon’s community colleges are NOT included in this re-opening. Our campuses remain closed to the public. Staff will continue to assist our students via phone, online and email through the end of the school year, June 12. Any on-campus interaction will adhere to strict social-distancing guidelines.
Impacts to specific services:
- Computer Labs on the Coos and Curry campuses are open to assist only those students who need access to computer and virtual tutoring services. They are not open to the general public. The college will follow social distancing (6 feet) and other state and federal requirements. To use a computer and access the internet on the Coos Campus come to the third floor of Tioga Hall, 8am-8pm Mon.-Thur; 8am-5pm Fri.
- Student Housing remains open only for students who must continue to live on campus. Dining Services is providing “Grab-and-Go" meals for students.
- Community Education classes will not be held during spring term.
- Campus Store – Closed to walk-in traffic. Order textbooks online here. Free shipping for spring term with USPS.
- Coos Campus Library – The library space is currently closed until further notice to ensure the safety of our staff, students and community members. Phone calls and emails will be answered during regular business hours as staffing allows.
- Student Recreation Center – Closed until further notice.
- Athletic Facilities – Closed until further notice.
For enrollment and other help, please contact the following offices:
- To talk with an advisor Coos Campus: (541) 888-7405
- To talk with an advisor Curry Campus: (541) 813-1667
- To register for classes Coos Campus: (541) 888-7352
- To register for classes Curry Campus: email@example.com
- Student housing: (541) 888-7635, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans Services: (541) 888-7236, email@example.com
- Financial Aid: (541) 888-7352, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library: (541) 888-7270, email@example.com
- Transcripts: Webpage
- Tutoring: (541) 888-1593
Southwestern Oregon Community College staff remains in close contact with state officials about the developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
We urge everyone to take personal responsibility to protect your health and others.
Stay home if you are sick or have symptoms of illness.
If you take prescription medications, make sure you have at least a two-week supply.
If you have an approved Emotional Support Animal or assistance animal on campus, ensure you have enough food and medicine for it.
Thank you for your support and sharing the responsibility for the health of our community.